Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer School Blues

I had a nice, long 3 week vacation from school, but today was our first day back to plan for summer school! I was getting a little TOO used to sleeping in, running every morning, reading, relaxing by the pool, cleaning and cooking up some new recipes from Pinterest! My hubby was getting a little too pampered this summer. :)


This morning, I had to drink a big cup of coffee to wake myself up and drag myself to school! Even though I had a really nice break, I am ready to get back to teaching and having a somewhat more productive schedule again!

In our school system, students (whom are eligible) are able to attend summer school for 4-5 weeks, from 3-4 hours a day, depending on their needs and the program that they are in. Today, we got the (half)day to set up our classroom and plan for the summer (not enough time at all!). My classroom is nice this summer; we are in a brand new building with lots of WINDOWS and a Promethean board! I will have 7 kindergardeners this summer, 6 boys and 1 girl. One student is mine from the school year.

I am excited for the things we are going to do this summer! I am centering instruction around a beach theme. We are reading Pete the Cat At the Beach, making the cute confections pictured below (blue jello, vanilla pudding, gummy bears, and an umbrella!), and a bunch of other fun beach crafts, songs and activities. Don't worry, we're also going to be ensuring the maintenance of IEP goals that were achieved and worked on throughout the school year. ;)

Source: Pinterest

Do you do summer school? What activities are you planning on doing?

1 comment:

  1. Fun blog! That dessert looks tasty and fun. Keep up the good work, my lady love.

    ReplyDelete