Friday, June 21, 2013

1st post!

This is my FIRST teaching blog! My name is Carol and I just finished my third year of teaching. I work in an elementary school with typical general education classes and self-contained special education classes for students with severe to profound disabilities. We have two classes (a primary class, which I teach, and an intermediate class) with anywhere between 3 to 8 students. Most of my students go on to summer school when the school year is over, in order to maintain many of the skills they acquire throughout the school year. I will be teaching summer school this year, as my husband (Rob) and I are in the process of buying a house! So because I am teaching summer school, a lot of my beginning posts will come from what we do there. :)  

This coming school year, I am starting a new adventure in the autism program! I will get 4-6 kindergardeners with autism - I am SUPER excited for my new class and even got to visit a couple of the little ones coming to me next year. They are cute as can be!
I am really psyched to share my stories and all of the learning that we do in my class! 

No comments:

Post a Comment